Monday, February 7, 2011

Fashion in the North Woods...

Following in the footsteps of a street fashion legend, I look forward to one day capturing photographs in Milan, London or a city that may never make the map. In the interim, however, I'm hunting fashionable souls in Northern Wisconsin at the Fish Creek Winter Fest who still have the desire to look good while participating in ice bowling and minnow racing on a cold February day. Quite a difference perhaps, but you'd be surprised at my findings...

I'll admit I didn't initially have on my blogging goggles as I entered the north woods. It started as a weekend with college friends at a rented log cabin to celebrate joint 30th birthdays. The transition from Las Vegas or a Chicago nightclub to a secluded log cabin in the woods with campfires, dice and warm slippers says it all. For the record, I completely prefer the latter and can say with confidence this was one of the best yet.



While I took in a few rounds of the toilet toss game (*sigh*- only in Wisconsin), I was simultaneously scouting for photo opportunities when I saw a gentleman strolling past the chili cook-off. I explained I was new to fashion blogging, and politely asked for a photo. I learned he knew Chicago well as a young boy, but Door County was now his home and he preferred the fresh air, logging, and a quiet place for his family.

A leggy blond sporting a fur coat and blaze orange gloves won my heart for the next photo, and was generous enough to share a modest pose.




We wrapped up the afternoon at Stone's Throw Winery, where one of my own posed for the final photo.

What did I learn this weekend?

1) Expect the unexpected. Who thought fashion would be so prevalent at a winter fest in the land of cheese heads?! (I say that with all due respect as WI is my home). Oh and I can't go without saying, WAY TO GO PACK!

2) It's time to sacrifice my love for designer jeans and invest in a worthwhile camera!

3) Don't take it personally when my friends make fun of me for blogging, they'll thank me later.

Hugs and love to my Sconnie crew, as seen below..


1 comment:

  1. I have yet to comment on one of your posts Stacie (ok fine, Stack) so shame on me but HAD to comment on this one as I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it! I laughed out loud because it's HILARIOUS! And I am so impressed by your blogging skillz and creativity!! I love that you found fabulous fashion in the "northwoods"! Great pics, super fun fashion finds and BRAVO on your blog! Keep the a-mazing posts coming because I'm enjoy every word and pic!

    ReplyDelete