Friday, January 14, 2011

The Holiday Hangover Event

So I'm only 14 days past my 2011 New Years resolution of officially launching my fashion blog and website, no biggie! Better late than never, and my tardiness has allowed me to conduct more diligent research, aka exploring design details for my home page and jotting quirky scribbles on Post-its around my apartment for future story-telling purposes. As the new year rolls under my feet, and I'm forced to start running (FAST) I kick it off with an awesome fashion event at The Underground, hosted by infamous Chicago blogger, Ryan Beshel of The Bow Tie Memoirs (http://thebowtiememoirs.blogspot.com/). A current design student at the Illinois Institute of Art, I heard about the event and rounded up a small posse; fashion totes, scarves, and playful attitudes in hand.

The event exceeded my expectations, with a crowd that seemed genuinely welcoming and there for the right reasons. Of course, the fashion alone kept me entertained as my eyes darted from a forest green lace dress with strong shoulders, to the man himself sporting my favorite mens accessory; the bow tie. It was the perfect cocktail hour and kickoff to the new year, and I'm eager to see what lies ahead in my fashion endeavors. I am inspired by those around me everyday, to keep learning, questioning, practicing, listening, and understanding that success takes time. Here is to hard work in 2011, and a three day weekend in honor of Mr. Martin Luther King Jr. himself -with this holiday I plan to be productive and start developing my first RANDYfashion mini collection...Till next time folks..

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment